For a class assignment I was tasked with identifying a problem facing a local community, and coming up with a technical solution to that problem that would appeal to that community. For my project, I decided to design an app that would present an alternative option to five star review systems due to the biases they are susceptible to in scenarios where vote brigading happens or where the review text doesn't match up with the star rating. Through a variety of research and design methods such as sketching, storyboarding, interviewing, and surveying I determined that a potential solution to this problem is a an app that asks user to rank establishments against other establishments they have been to rather than rating and reviewing them one by one. From here I was able to wireframe the user flows of my app solution and develop a functioning prototype as my final deliverable. For additional information and a link to the prototype, please check out the PDF linked below.
Two local organizations in Ann Arbor, MI had recently began the process of merging, but were having problems merging their communication platforms. To help aide this process, myself and three classmates were brought in as consultants to investigate and suggest a solution to their communication difficulties. We used a variety of techniques relating to contextual inquiry in order to aide us in the solution making process including conducting interviews, SWOT analyses and other background research, and the creation of an affinity wall. The PDF of our final report can be read below.
Backyard Brains is a neuroscience company located in Ann Arbor, Michigan working to make graduate level neuroscience methods accessible to all experience levels through a variety of products and experiments. Unfortunately they were having trouble achieving this goal due to a high bounce rate on their website. Myself and three others were brought in as consultants to perform research on what was causing this bounce rate. We used a variety of methods throughout our research including interaction maps, interviews, surveys, card sorting, heuristic evaluations, and a usability test. An overview of our findings and the recommendations they came from can be seen in the video to the left.
For a class assignment I was tasked with taking a famous logo and giving it a modern look. I chose to update the Adobe logo, which currently has a boxy and 90's look, to the sleeker and more modern look you can see to the left.
A huge hobby of mine is running a Madden league for myself and 31 other people. To help keep my users engaged in the proceedings of the league I began to make graphics for the league, such as a banner for the website our league stats are hosted on, and social media graphics for games and breaking league news. Below is a link to our league Twitter to see the newest content.
A local restaurant was looking for a modernized business card that incorporated their logo and restaurant atmosphere into the design. You can see the resulting business card design in the gallery to the left.